Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thankful Friday

Two Thankful Friday's missed in a row! I have some catching up to do! I'll make this one as long as I can.

1. Being Outside - I think one of the things I enjoyed most about Disneyland was just being outside. We realized just how much Darek loves being outside while on our trip.

2. Plans - I love having life plans. It was so nice stopping off in Victorville on our way home and really imagining ourselves living there. It's so nice to know that in 1-2 years it could be a reality!

3. A Sunburn - Goes along the lines of #1. But I was so happy to have seen enough sun to be able to get a sunburn.

4. The Beach - One of the most memorable moments I had our trip was being in the ocean with my husband, 2 best friends and my sweet little boys. We all were chatting and having a great time and didn't even notice a huge wave that ended up taking us girls down. It was so much fun! I could spend days and days just doing that!



5. My New KitchenAid!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. My whole marriage I have only had hand mixers. Yesterday I got my beautiful red KitchenAid. I'm cleaning out my kitchen today so that I can put it up and start putting it to work!



6. Bakugans - For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, you're not alone. After we got back, Alex had some extra money he wanted to spend. We came across these Bakugan things and he went nuts! So he bought a few. In the past Alex has never really had favorite toys (minus guns/swords), so it has been wonderful to see him playing with these little things and totally loving it. And all his friends love them too, so they can play together.



7. New Books - I just got 5 new books that I ordered off Amazon. I cannot wait to start reading them.

8. Teething - (Trying to make this one happy) I'm grateful that Darek is starting to teeth, because it shows that his little body is doing what it's supposed to. It makes me feel so good when he reaches milestones. (No teeth yet though)

9. Alex's Friends - Goes along with #6. It was so nice to take Alex back to school and see all the kids crowd around him. They all asked about his trip and expressed so much happiness that he was back. It makes me so happy to see him loved by all his little friends!

10. McDonalds Angus Burgers - I never thought McDonalds would be on my list. But at the McDonalds in California, they actually had the most tasty Angus burgers! It renewed my faith in them... until I came back here and found out that they will not be getting them here. At least not any time soon. :(

I would like to make this longer, but my messy kitchen calls to me. Time to start cleaning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victorville, eh? Why did you choose there? The desert around there IS really beautiful and fun to explore!

- Jenn

Ryan and Mandi said...

Mostly cause it's way cheap! And it's close but not too close to a whole bunch of stuff. But the big appeal is being able to afford a really nice house with a decent amount of land. We're excited about it!

Anonymous said...

That is exciting! And it's maybe closer to me too! Will it be when Ryan is done with school?

Ryan and Mandi said...

Yeah. Our plan is to move out of the basement next summer when he graduates. But then he'll be doing another 6 months to a year to specialize. After he has that then we'll start applying there. I really hope he can get on there or somewhere really close. Just wish that was now!!