Sunday, May 3, 2009

10 Months

Each month seems to go by quicker and quicker. It's hard to believe Darek is 10 months old! He is finally really starting to show that he's growing. My current estimate is that he is around 15 lbs and possibly up to 26 inches.

Darek loves to talk and he's learned to control his voice more so he's not just yelling. He makes really sweet little noises now, which are so cute. He has found his little singing voice. He loves to sing along with us when we have any music on. One hilarious thing he has started to do is fake cough. He loves fake coughing, especially when someone will do it bak and forth with him. I'll have to get video of it sometime.

Darek is moving more and more each day. He can't crawl still, but can roll from tummy to back and now back to tummy. So for now, rolling is one of his favorite things to do. But he is really consentrating on trying to move while he is on his belly. So I'm guessing it won't be long before he is crawling.

He is starting to realize the difference between those he knows and those he doesn't. Most of the time he'll still go to someone else, but if he's in a bad mood, he cries. I'm not a huge fan of this stage, so I'm hoping he won't become so overly attached that he won't go to anyone else. I love that he loves me, but it's nice when he's willing to go to others as well.

I'm also afraid I have a thumb sucker on my hands. Well, more of a thumb chewer. But he loves his little thumb and it's constantly in his mouth. I'm waiting for teeth to come in soon. He doesn't have any yet and I think we're getting closer to him getting some. We'll see.

We love our little Darek. He is so much fun and always attracts a crowd. It'll be interesting to see how many comments we get at Disneyland with him. A little story really quick. Yesterday we went to Chuck E Cheeses again. A lady came by, she had her kids with her (including her 7 month old baby) and she stopped when she saw Darek. She said that he was the cutest baby she had ever seen. And that was with her baby sitting right there with her. I felt a little bad for her baby, but I couldn't disagree with her! :) He is the cutest little guy!

No comments: