Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy/Sad

I have been so conflicted about how to feel emotionally with Alex graduating kindergarten. I am so happy because he is learning so much and growing into such an amazing kid! But I am just seeing how quickly this time has past. His little kid years are over. He's big. Maybe having a baby now emphasizes that more, but there has been such a change in him over this past year. He's so smart (almost too smart at times) and sweet. He has all these friends that he wants to hang out with. I think it takes me back to when I was little and doing the same things. Realizing that I had friends that I wanted to do things with. I think it makes me realize that he doesn't need me as much as he did. He still needs me, I know that... but I'm not quite as needed as I once was. I'm learning to love each stage of my kids life. Each stage brings new fun and excitement as well as conflicts and learning experiences. I hope that as a mother, I will not take any part of my childrens lives for granted and remember to love each moment.






I still love those big baby blue eyes!

No comments: