Thursday, January 22, 2009

We Just Can't Get Enough

Well, our next trip to Disneyland has been planned and our countdown chain has been made! We are going at our usual time in May with some of our best friends! Almost all the time we go with family, so I am really excited to have this experience with friends. No, we'll never be able to get enough of Disneyland. It is our favorite place and we have created lots of memories there.

Ryan (almost) proposed to me at Disneyland. Even though we didn't make it "official" there, it's where I realized that I really loved him and wanted to marry him. We decided on our wedding date and many details of our wedding there.

Another memorable moment was Alex's first visit there. He was 14 months old and was still not walking. While waiting for Fantasmic (a show) to begin, Alex started walking back and forth between me and my mom. I love being able to say that Alex learned to walk at Disneyland!

So even though some of you may find us a little obsessive, Disneyland is a truly magical place for our family and we will continue going there for the rest of our lives!



I had to add this picture. It is one from Alex's first visit, and is still one of my favorite pictures taken there!

8 comments:

Randi said...

Believe it or not... I still have never been there. You are so lucky. One day our family will go... I hope.

Ryan and Mandi said...

See, it makes me sad when people say that! It's so much fun (if you go at the right time of year and know how to work the system :) If you ever decide to go and want any tips, feel free to ask!

Stevens said...

I admit, I didn't think I'd be such a fan, but as I've mentioned I'm sold!! How fun to have a trip planned. You've got to time it so that one day Darek learns to walk there too. What a sweet story and picture!!

Beth and Chad said...

Oh, I looked at the picture and then at the one on the side of Alex. He is SO big (and INCREDIBLY ADORABLE)! My kiddos better get the huge eyes, everyone else's kids have gotten them!

Hayley Winslow said...

That picture is a flashback. Look how little and chubby! It's good that he had his first steps there. It's an easy place to remember!

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute picture! I haven't been to Disneyland in almost 10 years, but my mom and stepdad are like you guys and go every chance they get. I think they're weird, but whatever floats your boat :)

Jenn

Beccie Nielsen said...

The above comment is hilarious! Ha ha ha. D-Land is the best. There's feelings there that you can only get...well, there. So jealous of your trip. Tell Mickey I said hello. Loves.

Argyle's said...

I completely agree! I LOVE Disneyland~ The feeling there and seeing your kids reactions... there's nothing better! I'm so jealous your going again! I'd go every month if I could! It was good to see you the other day!