Wednesday, January 7, 2009

3 months ago

It's hard to believe it's already been 3 months since our little Ian passed away. Today, Ryan and I attended a funeral for Ryan's uncle. It was a beautiful service and my heart went out to Ryan's Aunt and of course my Father-in-law. But the funeral brought back memories of Ian's funeral, and I became quite emotional because of it.

It's hard to know that Ian has been gone almost as long as he was alive. It's difficult to think that we were planning to have Ian home from the hospital by now and have shared his first Christmas with him. It's difficult to know that when people come up to me to comment on how beautiful Darek is, that they should also know how beautiful Ian was. I see the love and admiration that Darek is given by all those that meet him and know that Ian should be receiving that same love and admiration.

Again, it's at times like these that I am truly grateful to know that I will be with my little boy some day. We are looking forward to approx. 2 months from now when both of our boys will be sealed to us for time and all eternity.

What a beautiful day that will be.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Mandi that will be a great day when you go do that. I still remember the day when we went through the temple and our kids were sealed to us. What a great day that was.

Hayley Winslow said...

I'm sorry. I'm glad the knowledge of eternity brings you hope and comfort. It would be awful without it.

Randi said...

K... So you probably think I am crazy that I found your blog but I found one of my old friends from the ward blogs and saw Mandi... I am so excited first of all that you got your babies!!!! I know you waited long enough. That is just wonderful. I can't even express how sorry I am that Ian passed away. Darek is darn cute. And Alex has gotten so big. You look great. I would love to keep in touch. You were so good to my Hunter Bug.