Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Disneyland Journals

As I mentioned in a previous post, we will be going with my two best friends to Disneyland this year. We came up with a brilliant idea (at least I think so) to have specific journals for Disneyland so we could record our thoughts and memories from before, during and after the trip. Seeing as today was 100 days until we go, we thought it fitting to make our journals tonight and write our first entry. We have decided to write an entry every 10 days until we go and then as much as we want while on the trip. We are coming up with specific questions to answer, which makes it quite fun. For instance, our question tonight was... "What is something new or different about this trip that is exciting for you?" Our next question is... "What is one thing you're looking forward to not having to do while on vacation?"

Anyway, this was an extremely fun night as we each put our own personalities into our journals. We used regular composition books that we bought for $1.00, and picked out some paper and a few accessories. All in all, we probably only paid $5.00 each to make our journals. And what a fun way to spend an evening! Here are some pictures of our fun night!

Tammy, starting out with the book and accessories

Me, just starting out with all my "girly" accessories

Kaylene, in the process of working on her journal

Our BIG mess

Tammy's inside cover

Kaylene's inside cover

My inside cover

Our finished journals! from left: Tammy's, mine, Kaylene's

Our inside covers... I think you can tell which one belongs to which person!

For all those laughing or mocking us for doing this... it's okay! Not everyone will understand this. But I think this will be an excellent way to not only get excited for our trip, but also a wonderful way to remember and record specific things about it.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a fun idea and darling books. You know I have the Cricut Disney Cartridge, you'll need to borrow to do your scrapbooking when you return. I'm jealous you're going, I love Disneyland!

Allen said...

When are you going? We are finally going on May 20-25th. This will be my second time ever going and I can't wait!!!! If you have any insider info let me know!!!