Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Family Time

In the last couple weeks, we've been so lucky to have all my family in town.  In fact, in the first time in I think 7 years, all the members on my side of the family were all together at once.  Only for a matter of hours, mind you, but long enough that we were able to get family pictures taken.  My grandparents were even able to come down from Idaho for a couple days. We had a wonderful time and I loved getting to know my brothers kids a lot better.  I am totally in love with them!  We also had the chance to sing in my parents ward together (something we used to do quite often) and I don't think any of us minded, for once.  :)  We were able to go to the Natural History Museum, lots of time playing outside, celebrate a birthday, and so much more!  My brothers kids got to experience riding in our battery powered Hummer... something they were ecstatic about!  I absolutely loved teaching my little niece, Emma, to play a few songs on the piano... even when she continued playing them over and over and over and over.  And I loved hearing so many cute little voices say "Aunt Mandi".  My kiddos loved having all the cousins around.  Every day we had to leave, there would always be tears from at least one of my kids.  They do not like saying goodbye, or feel like they were missing out on anything.  I wish I had taken more pictures.  I always wish I would have taken more pictures.  But I do love the ones that I got.  And the family pictures turned out pretty well, especially for having to deal with 23 1/2 people!  :)  This time together makes me wish we were all a little closer to each other, but it does make us really appreciate the time we do get together.  

 








Back row (from left): Kevin, Christopher, Aaron, Trevor (on lap), Jen, Savannah (on lap), Emma, Mom, Dad, Hayley, Anna (on lap), Mike, Tyson, Brayden.  Front row (from left):  Chad, Gryn (on lap), Bethany, Mallory, Nathan, ME, Darek, Ryan, Alex 



















Yes, we are a CRAZY family!  But we are a fun, loving, wonderful family!

No comments: