Thursday, August 11, 2011

More Thoughts

So, just a little update on the job situation. We got word back on the Logan job... no go. We were really disappointed, but have come to terms with it. The job in Idaho finally closed and we are waiting to hear back. A few other jobs have opened and we will probably apply for them. So we'll just see what happens.

I had a talk with Ryan last night to try and explain how I was feeling about our current situation. It was so helpful to both of us and has made me feel a little more at ease. But it doesn't really solve anything. I still feel the same way.... stuck. The hard part about this for me is, What do I do? I have been doing daycare for the past several years. With the current situation being as it is, I'm down to watching Ava (whom I love and adore) part time during the week after school. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with my days. I can't really try to get more daycare kids, knowing that I could be moving soon. I still have my little Darek around, which I love. But I feel the need to contribute financially right now. Especially since we need to save as much as possible for moving. But how can I go to an employer and say that I'm the right person for the job, when I know full well that I will probably be moving before Christmas (at least we had better move before then)? Ryan suggested that I take this time to go to the DATC and get my certificate in my CNA, EMT, etc. (I haven't decided yet). But I explained that I can't really do that until we know if we'll be staying nearby. It would be a huge waste of time and money if we ended up moving away. Anyway, I just feel stuck. It's not that I mind just focusing on Darek and being a Mom. I'm just used to doing more. And I'm afraid I'll become a couch potato. So there it is. As always, my hope is that this is all short lived and we'll get a job soon and get settled somewhere.

Onto the kiddos.

We decided a few weeks ago to take Alex out of the Spectrum program. Very hard to take him out after finally having made the decision to put him in it. But we thought about how hard it would be to start the school year out at a new school, make new friends and then move and have to do it all over again. So we're keeping him at Adelaide until we move. That way he still will see his current friends and not have to worry about that part of it. Alex is having a blast with this last bit of summer. He and all his neighborhood buddies are really making the most of it. They just had a sleepover last night and as we speak, he and Christian are playing poker at our table. :) His friendship with Christian will probably be the hardest thing to leave behind when we move. Alex is more than ready for 3rd grade. (Writing that totally made me cringe... how did I get a 3rd grader???) He is excited that his other best friend, Jaxon will be in his class. Jaxon is the only kid who has been in every school class since Kindergarten. They have a lot of similar interests and very similar personalities. Alex can't wait to get back to see his friends again. Alex is also still in soccer. He did baseball during the summer and loved it, but his heart belongs to soccer. He is in bantam soccer... which is in between recreation and competitive. It's to help him get ready to be in competitive soccer, if he chooses to do it. So Alex has been doing soccer practice all summer long and is continuing to get better and better. His first game is a week from Saturday and I really can't wait for it!

Darek has also enjoyed the summer. He has become best friends with our neighbor Savannah, Christians little sister. They are inseparable and get along really well... most of the time. Darek is a smart little boy and is learning lots of new things. We're working on ABC's right now and he recognizes more than 1/2 of his numbers. Darek really thinks he is going to school this year. He wants so badly to be big like his brother. I'm considering putting him in preschool. Although I could do it with him here, he really wants to go somewhere else for school. Again, it's all about feeling like a big boy. The place Alex went for preschool requires kids be potty trained before they come. Darek is not there yet. We are trying to potty train again, starting today, but I'm not holding my breath. There is another place, further away that does not require it, so I'm considering it. But my hope is that the enticement of going to preschool will help him finally get potty trained. If he does go, I will have a few hours to myself during the day! I really don't know what I'll do! Darek is also starting soccer this fall. We found out that our rec center does soccer for 3 year olds. He is on a team with his buddy, Truman. I found out the other day that his first game is on Sept 9th, Ryan's birthday. I cannot wait to go watch these little 3 year olds try to play soccer. Darek is already amazing at dribbling a ball. I think the struggle will be trying to get him to get the ball in the goal. Just thinking about it is making me giggle.

I have found that my blog really is my therapy. I'm glad to have it just to write feelings and thoughts down. And I appreciate the comments people leave too. So thanks for listening to my whining, complaining, excitements and all the other boring stuff. You all make me feel very loved!

No comments: