Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Fun

Before I forget or get lazy, I wanted to post some pictures of some of the fun we've already had this summer. I can't believe a month is already gone. It kinda makes me sad. I look forward to summer so much so I can have more time with Alex. But now that he's older, he has so much going on. I think I see him about the same as I do during the school year. Or less, if it's a day where all his friends are home. :) I'm glad that we've been able to be home more this summer. Last year was crazy with trips, so it feels good to be home a little more. I guess I'll just post pictures and then write as I post them.

Our first vacation of the summer was down to Southern Utah to visit family and just take a little break. It worked out that we could go down for almost a whole week that Ryan had off. This doesn't happen very often, so we were thrilled to go as a family. We threw a baby shower for my sister Bethany and helped her set up the baby room. It was a lot of work, but everything look so cute! I didn't get any pictures of it though. We had hoped to drive to the Grand Canyon while we were there. But the night before we were to go, Darek got a fever of 103.1. He was quite ornery with good cause. I knew that if we attempted this neither Darek or I would enjoy the trip. So we decided to stay closer by and went into Zion's instead. We took a smaller hike and ended up having a great day. We were able to spend a lot of time with my sisters and Ryan's brother. We had a wonderful trip and I hope we get to go back again before the end of summer.






The day after we got back from Southern Utah, we decided to head to Lagoon. We have our season passes so this was our 5th time going this season. But we finally remembered our camera and took some fun pictures. This was also the 1st time Darek went on several rides. As a freaked out mom, I was worried he'd try to jump out of the rides and get seriously injured. So I hesitantly put him in each ride. He didn't shed one tear or get upset at all. He didn't quite know what to do, but eventually got into it. And Alex was so sweet taking him on some of the rides. He loved the rides that he could take his little brother on. It was really touching to watch.














Alex was very wishy-washy about baseball this year. At first he really didn't want to play and then after playing a little in the backyard, he really wanted to play on a team. So last minute we were able to get him onto a baseball team. He has been loving it and is improving each time he plays. I love watching him at his games. Although he's totally turning into a boy... where he will no longer acknowledge me when I say "good job sweetie" or try to give him a hug. I knew this day would be coming, but I wasn't prepared for it yet. I guess now it's my turn to embarrass him as much as I can by giving him big kisses and patting him on the butt! :)






So there is what we've been up to. Although that feels like only a fraction of what we've been doing. We are lovin' summer!!!

1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

Nice pictures! We feel the same way. Only one month left :(