Monday, June 14, 2010

Sad Day

So the other day I was tucking in my shirt and noticed that my wedding ring got caught on my shirt more than usual. I looked down at my ring to see that my main diamond had fallen out of the ring. We searched for it, but I knew it could've happened at any time and it could be anywhere. I've had that ring for 10 years now and it feels weird to look down at my hand and not have that ring on. It wasn't a very expensive ring. Ryan and I wanted to make sure when we were married that we didn't have loans for our rings for the first 5 years of marriage. But it was what I liked and what we could afford. I always imagined one day that we would get new (better) rings, but I'd always have that one to wear. I know I could replace the diamond and wear it again, but it would feel different. Anyway, for now I have a very fake ring with lots of bling. I guess it's the ring I'd like to hope I'd end up with someday... not really. It's way too much for me. I do get to go ring shopping, which will be fun, but I will miss my other one a lot. :(

No comments: