Monday, April 19, 2010

Kite Festival

This past weekend, we went down to Hurricane/St. George to play. I've been wanting to go down for a while since the last time we went was for Halloween. So when I heard the kite festival was coming up, I decided that would be perfect! I picked Alex up from school 30 mins early on Friday and we headed down. The boys were amazing on the trip down! Ryan was working, so we had to leave him here. It's always hard for all of us (especially him) when he has to miss out on fun stuff like this. We got down there in record time... only 4 hours and 15 mins!! I think that's pretty good with only 1 parent and 2 kids. We went right to Beth's house in Hurricane and unloaded our stuff. My other sister Hayley, came over with her family that evening for pizza and play time. We did some crafty stuff while the guys played Mario Kart. The kids were on a huge high being around each other. We finally ended the evening and went to bed. Saturday we went out to the kite festival around 11:00 in the morning. I guess we had the worst timing. There was no wind. None. If we ran really fast, we could get a kite up in the air for a few seconds. But we had a great picnic lunch there and enjoyed??? some of the music that was performed. We went from there to Jumpin Jacks. We had so much fun there! We played for a few hours there and were exhausted! We all decided to go back to rest for a while. Around 7:30, Hayley and her family came back out and we played outside as long as we could. We had a big bouncy ball and had at least an hour of entertainment with just that ball... until it popped! :) We all came in and had some ice cream and just hung out. Honestly, that evening was my favorite. No stress, no where to be. Just having fun. We said goodbye to Hayley's family. We stayed up as long as we could manage. I slept really well that night. The next morning we just hung out and packed our stuff up. Right before we left, we went over to a home for sale in La Verkin that is an amazing deal. We were all talking about how cool it would be to have a home like that. Especially at the price. It's a 7 bedroom, 3 bathroom home on a really good sized lot with all new carpet, roof, tile, etc. We never really got to go in it, but were able to see a tour online and look around the outside. It's been priced down to $169,900! If I had any desire to live in Southern Utah, I would consider it. But the desire is just not there. After looking at the house, it was time to leave. Alex had a really tough time saying goodbye. He had a huge breakdown. Total hysterics! I don't know that I've ever seen him like that. He just really did not want to leave. He ended up crying himself to sleep and slept for 2 hours on the way home. Other than his breakdown, we had a great ride home and made it back in 4 hours, 30 mins. We were very happy to see Ryan for an hour before he had to leave for work.

So even though we didn't get our kite up in the air, I'm so glad we went down. It was a great weekend, but of course... way too short! I love my family and spending time with them. It's hard being far away from each other. I hope once we're all settled, that we'll be a little closer. Not necessarily around the block from each other, but an hour or two away wouldn't be too bad. :)

No comments: