Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Killer Deals!!!

Sometimes I look through my weekly ads... sometimes I don't. After getting the mail yesterday, I decided to look through the grocery store ads for the week. I love the whole idea of couponing... but I'm just not organized enough to keep track of all the different coupons and such. So the deals usually have to be pretty easy for me to take advantage of. I looked through the Smiths ad and saw that they had a 5 for $10.00 deal going on with some of their Quaker products. If you used your Fresh Values card, that deal went to 5 for $5.00. Definitely going to take advantage of that one! But then I went through Winegars and Fresh Market and saw that they had coupons for $3.00 off when you buy 5 Quaker products! Really??? Doesn't that seem a bit too good to be true? So I turned to my couponing blogs to see if others had picked up on this, and of course they had. Plus they had an additional coupon to use specifically to Quaker oatmeal. Last night I was so excited about this great deal, that I actually woke up early to make sure I was ready to go after taking Alex to school. After a few trips (and taking a few Winegars ads for the extra coupons), here is what I scored today!







Here's how it all priced out...

I had to do this in a few different transactions to make it all work, since you could only get the $5.00 fresh value discount once in a transaction.

3 transactions I did were just of the 5 products:

1 cereal 2.00
1 cereal 2.00
1 cereal 2.00
1 cereal 2.00
1 cereal 2.00

sub-total 10.00
- 5.00 fresh values
- 3.00 coupon

TOTAL 2.15 (with tax)

So had I just bought the 18 boxes of cereal and 12 boxes of oatmeal, my total would have been $12.90!!! That's .43 per item!!! But I wanted to buy a few other things. Here are the other good deals I found.

Mountain Dew 4 for $11.00 (Not the best deal, but it's the new flavors of Mtn Dew, and I just couldn't pass that up.)

Club crackers $1.88

Cheez-It crackers $2.39 a box, but on one of the boxes it had a coupon for $2.00 off when you buy 2 boxes. So it ended up being $1.39 per box.

Large box of Huggies Diapers - On sale for 18.99, but I had a coupon for 3.00 off the box. Again, not a massive savings, but anything is good!

Smith's also has some great case lot deals.
24 count case of mandarin oranges $7.99
24 count case of fruit bowls $8.34
12 count case of Hunts Meat Sauce $8.99

So altogether for my purchases today, I spent $74.34!! I'm not smart enough to figure out the percentage saved, but I think it's right around 60%. Anyway, I'm on a total high right now with my savings. I just hope my family is okay eating Life, Oatmeal and Cap'n Crunch for the next little while! :)

3 comments:

Koreena said...

What a deal on the cereal and oatmeal! If I weren't so sick, I'd be out there first thing in the morning!

Way to go!!

Koreena said...

Sad! They wouldn't let me use the coupon for $3 off because it says "associated food stores" in the fine print. They let people do it yesterday, realized the problem, and stopped it today. DARN!!

LUCKY YOU!! Wish I had gone out yesterday!

Ryan and Mandi said...

I heard about that happening so I checked the coupons I had and they didn't say associated foods on them. At least not that I saw. I'm sorry you couldn't take advantage of it. :(