Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years cake

I don't have much desire to blog right now, so I'm gonna make this semi short. I wanted to get some pictures up of the New Years cake we made. My brother in law, Chad and I have wanted to make a cake together for quite some time. So we decided New Years would be a great opportunity. We talked about what we wanted to do and had my sister, Hayley, draw out a sketch of what we wanted. Chad, Bethany and I went shopping for the materials and went to work. On Wednesday we baked the cake, filled it and covered it with fondant. We refrigerated it overnight and went to work decorating all day Thursday. We had a blast making the cake and working together. I didn't get pictures of the whole process, but I do have some pictures of taking the cake to Buca di Beppo for dinner on New Years Eve. It was quite the tasty cake too. Although I'm not a fan of fondant and took most of that off, the red velvet cake with chocolate ganache filling was quite excellent!



Anna, Tyson and Alex



Beth and Chad



Dad and Mom



Cute little Darek

The Cake
Beth, Chad and myself holding our masterpiece

Taking the pin out so the ball can drop. We wanted something with more mechanics, but didn't have the time. Maybe next time we can try something a little cooler.

Tasty cake




The whole family (minus my brother and his family who couldn't make it out this year) From left: Hayley, Ryan, Darek, Dad, Mom, Anna, Tyson, Alex, Bethany, Chad, Mike and Brayden

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so impressed You do excellent work!!!

Beth and Chad said...

We have such a cute family. Too bad we were missing the Maryland peeps. :(