Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Day

Today was kind of a sad day for me. I have been doing daycare now since November 2008. During that time I had a cute little boy named Truman full-time. He is 5 months older than Darek, so it worked out really well having the two little boys together. It seems like they grew up together when I think about how little each one of them was when I started watching Truman. Anyway, today was my last day with Truman. I knew it was coming. His mom (Emily) notified me that they were going to get him into a daycare/preschool at the beginning of the year. But it seems like the time went by too fast.

We "celebrated" the day by eating lunch at McDonalds and playing in the playplace. After exhuasting ourselves there, we headed down to Sandy to the Living Planet Aquarium. The place was totally packed, but the last time I had been there was when it was down at the Gateway. It had been really small and there wasn't much to see. This was much better! We walked all around and saw the new Sea Horse exhibit. We watched as they fed the Sting Rays. Darek and Truman were totally mesmerized with the fish. In fact, Darek tried as hard as he could to jump in with the Rays to "take a bath" as he put it. We were all more than ready to head home and relax. After his nap, Emily came to pick him up. It was sad saying goodbye, but at least we'll still get to see him a lot. Emily just took my place in the nursery at church. Truman and Darek will still be in nursery together, so this was definitely not goodbye. But we will miss seeing him everyday and seeing that cute little smile. Love ya Truman!!














With saying goodbye to Truman, I decided that I would need to go out and find a job. As I mentioned a while ago, I had been offered a job at a local bakery. Well the timing didn't really work out, so I declined the job. Well I talked to the bakery again and they had another job available. I am going into the bakery tomorrow to work out my new hours and what exactly I'll be doing in my position. I am very excited and a little nervous. It's always scary starting a new job and wondering if it's something you'll enjoy. I'm really hoping I'll love this job. I should be starting next week, so we will see how it goes!

1 comment:

Stevens said...

Sounds like the holidays were great!! You were so good to Truman. They've been lucky. Good luck with your new job. happy new year!