Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Take It Back

Ha ha... so ya know how I mentioned in my last post about a new job. Yeah, I quit. For those who haven't read through facebook, let me explain a little bit more.

When I accepted this awesome job at the bakery, I was told I'd get to do a little of everything. Decorating, cookies, cakes, bread, cleaning, etc. Well it turned out that all I would be doing was the cleaning part, with a little bit of slicing bread thrown in there. I really wasn't happy about leaving my boys to be paid minimum wage to be a janitor. I know that eventually things may have gotten better but I'd rather do some learning on my own from home where I can be with my boys. So after 2 weeks there, I told them that this wasn't going to work out and that it wasn't what they had described to me that I'd be doing.

I've already been having fun from home. I've made some cupcakes and just today did 5 caramel apples. I'm excited to learn new things and get better at what I love to do. I will continue to do daycare and am looking for 1-3 full-time or part-time kids. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.

So there is the update for now. I'm just happy again being at home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really wish you were closer or we we closer to you. It would make Anna and Bray so happy to be with you during the day and I would feel so much better about things. This is Hayley BTW :)