Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oregon

I wanted to post SO badly when I was in Oregon, but my Aunt's computer would not allow it. So I have a lot to post about.

Ryan was not able to come since he still had school and work. He was so sad he couldn't make it, but it's made for a very happy reunion! But I was so worried about the trip with the boys without Ryan there to help me. It was a long drive and I wasn't sure how they would handle it. We left on Thursday morning and went to my Grandparents house in Nampa, Idaho. The boys handled that drive just fine. We stayed the night there and left at 6:00 the next morning for Eugene, Oregon. The drive should take 8-9 hours, but ended up being about 12 hours for us. We made quite a few stops so the boys could have a break and so we could look at some of the beautiful surroundings. All in all, I only had about 5 mins of crying from Darek throughout the whole drive! I was very relieved and so grateful to my boys for their patience.

The trip was wonderful and I think I'm going to break them out into different posts, so that I don't have an insanely long one. But some of the highlights of our trip would have to be: The wedding (of course), the coast, and most of all, FAMILY! I was able to see cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. that I had not seen in several years. It was so much fun catching up with all of them!

I'm so grateful to be home. I missed Ryan so much, but we did not plan well. He starts his work schedule tonight, so I only got last night with him and won't get to see much of him for about a week. We're going to try and hit some movies that we missed while I was gone. But there will be many more posts to come in the next couple days about our wonderful trip!

No comments: