Thursday, May 16, 2013

Didn't We Just Leave??

I could swear I was just saying goodbye and now we're already home.  I'm really wishing we had had an extra day or two there.  But we sure did have a great time while we were there!  I tried to post while I was there, but my ipad wouldn't let me post any pictures along with the post.  Really annoying!  So I'll probably do a post for each day we were there.

Days 1 and 2

I still can't decide if it was stupid or wise to take a red eye flight.  There were absolutely some positives to it, but there were some major negatives as well.  My Dad came to pick us up at 9:00 on Wednesday night.  We had all been a bit antsy, so we were very ready to leave when he got there!  We had found out shortly before we left that our flight was going to be delayed a little bit.  It was supposed to take off at 11:26 and ended up taking off closer to 12:30.  So we were all exhausted by the time it took off.  I sat with Darek and Ryan and Alex sat right behind us.  The boys enjoyed take off but couldn't see much since it was so late. Alex pretty much went right to sleep.  Darek took a little bit longer, but finally went to sleep.  Ryan and I only ended up sleeping for 30 mins to an hour.  UGH.  We were pretty wasted when we got to the airport. 

After getting our luggage, getting the boys dressed, walking through the airport and finally getting our rental van, we were on our way.  We had decided that first day to just take it easy.  All we HAD to do was get down to our hotel in Laurel, MD.  So we decided to drive through Manhattan and look at some of the skyscrapers.  The boys thought it was pretty cool.  We then decided to take the Lincoln tunnel over into New Jersey to see if we could stop at Carlos Bakery, since I'm a fan of the show Cake Boss.  Well there ended up being a stalled car in the Lincoln tunnel, so we got stuck for about 30 mins.  It could have been worse.  I got to take a little snoozer while in the tunnel, so it worked out ok.  :)  We got over to Hoboken and found Carlos Bakery, but I was so exhausted and honestly looked like hell.  So we decided that driving by was going to suffice this time.  After that we made the 4 hour drive down to our hotel.  It was a beautiful drive and we really enjoyed ourselves on the car ride.

Before getting to our hotel, we decided to head to Target to grab some snacks and drinks for the hotel room.  It was really a flashback for me when we got there.  Ryan and I had stayed in the same city during our honeymoon.  Not the same hotel, but very close to it.  And we spent a little bit of time at that Target on our honeymoon.  So it was fun to relive some of those memories.  We got all checked into our hotel, unpacked and just hung out together the rest of the evening.  Needless to say, we all had no problem sleeping that night!









No comments: