Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Almost A Year

I never thought I would go a whole year without blogging anything.  I was bummed that people didn't seem to be looking at my posts, didn't feel like life was interesting enough to write about and honestly just didn't find the time to sit down and post.  But as I look back through my old posts, I'm really sad that I've missed a whole year of blogging.  I whole year of pictures not posted. Birthday parties not recorded.  This isn't for anyone else except me and my family.  I'm happy if anyone else wants to read it, but this is kinda how I journal, so it's important for me to record some of this stuff.  

So for anyone not following me on facebook, we moved again.  We now live in Woods Cross, Utah.  We are still renting, but we LOVE where we are.  We love our house, our neighbors, our ward, schools... everything.  

Just a quick update on everyone:

Ryan got a full-time job in x-ray.  He was unable to find an MRI position, so he decided to take the x-ray job.  It was a very good choice.  We just got benefits back.  We are a little nervous to go in for check-ups after 3 years of not having one.  But hopefully all will be well.  He is really liking his job.  He remained up at LDS Hospital, so he didn't have to get used to working in a new environment. Ryan has been teaching Alex's primary class in church up until a few weeks ago when he was moved to my class and we've been team teaching the 6 and 7 year olds.

Mandi (me) is doing daycare again.  Since moving back to the area, I was able to start watching some of the kids I had before and some new ones.  At this moment I watch two little girls (ages 3 and 1) full-time, two little boys (ages 3 and 7 months) full-time but on a short term basis, and two other little boys (ages 2 and 7 months) 3 days a week.  I also have another cutie that I watch after school.  I've had her for so long that I feel like she's my niece.  It can get insane having 7 kids, ages 4 and under at one time, especially with 2 babies!  But it's also been really fun.  It's given me an idea of what having twins would have been like.  Crazy, but really fun.  Like I said above, I've been teaching the 6 and 7 year olds in church but just recently got a new calling.  It hasn't quite taken effect yet, so I'll have to post about that later.  I'm still involved with PTA and will be taking over the book fair next year and will also have another position.  So I'll be even busier next year.  Ahhhh!

 Alex was able to go back to Adelaide to finish out elementary school.  I can't believe I'm at a point where I'm saying "finishing out" elementary.  Only 2 years left until he goes to Junior High.  Ugh.  I'm getting old.  He loves his school so much and made the student council this year.  He really loves his teacher (as do I).  He has made some changes this year with some of his friendships and is really starting to figure out the kind of person he wants to be and who he wants to be around.  It's been really hard starting to let go a little as a mother to let him be his own person and start to make his own choices.  He is such a good boy and I'm so proud of him. Alex is still very much into soccer.  He is playing rec, after having a bad experience in comp.  He is much happier now and loves his team and coach. 

Darek is still my little firecracker.  He will be 5 in the summer, which means he'll be starting Kindergarten.  It makes me really sad.  I just have to be prepared that he might be my baby, my last kiddo and this will be it.  I will admit that I'm a little excited for a little more peace and quiet.  But he is also a little mama's boy.  He loves being with me and I love that.  I don't enjoy that enough and I'm going to really start missing it when it's gone.  Darek is a smart little boy.  He has learned a lot in the last couple months and will be ready for school when it starts.  And as always, he is my hilarious child.  Always knows what to say/do to make someone laugh.  He is such a little actor.  Darek is a very athletic kid.  I think he could probably pick up any sport and do well with it.  He is doing soccer right now and made 5 goals in his last game.  :)  He wants to try basketball and t-ball.  He didn't quite make the deadline for t-ball this year, which makes me sad.  But he will have plenty of years ahead of him.  He honestly would be great at football too.  We'll see what happens.

Well, as I'm writing this, I should actually finish up some packing.  We are flying out tonight to NYC!  We won't really be doing too much in NY, but will be traveling down to DC and Virginia.  We decided to step away from Disneyland for a year and see what else is out there in this big world!  I'll try to post from vacation.  But if not, I'll have plenty of pictures and posts when we return.  

Hope I still have a few followers out there!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I read, Mandi :) I am glad to hear that everything is going well for your family, everyone seems busy and happy and like they're making progress - I can't believe Alex will be in junior high so soon! I haven't seen him in years... must be 5 years? Man. So yes, I am glad for these updates. Have a great vacation! Hope to see some pictures here or on facebook.