Friday, September 16, 2011

Darek Soccer

Even though I have about 20 posts to catch up on, I was looking at these pictures tonight and just had to get them on here. Darek has been watching his big brother play soccer since he was born and has loved playing in the backyard with him. We found out this year that Darek would be old enough to play on a team. Last weekend was his first game. I laughed so hard, to the point where I was almost crying, it was so funny to watch. Darek has a lot to learn... like, you cannot pick up the ball and place it where you feel it needs to be. You cannot tackle kids for the fun of it. It's pretty important to kick the ball into YOUR goal and not the other teams. We'll get to all of these things in time. For now it's so much fun to sit, watch, laugh, cry from laughing so hard and cheer! I love that he is starting sports. He is going to be an extremely athletic kid! It's already become harder as a mom to have another kid with activities to get to. But I sure do love being the 'soccer mom'!











Oh, and I have to say that I had the best time shopping for his little cleats and shin guards. Who knew they actually made them in sizes that small?? If I can, I'll get a few videos on here that were just hilarious from the game. But enjoy this for now!

1 comment:

Koreena said...

Sounds entertaining. I wish I could get my kids to play on a team, but Jossy's too shy and Matty's scared of being hit by someone. So I guess it's backyard ball for now. :)