Thursday, September 2, 2010

2nd Grade

Well Alex has been an official 2nd grader for almost 2 weeks now. And no catastrophes of going to the wrong room, like last year. I don't think he could love it any more than he does! He was worried about not liking his teacher, but it turns out that he really likes her. And he has an insane number of friends in his class (some from previous school years, some from church, some from last years soccer team and some from this years soccer team)! He said that most of the kids have gotten in trouble from his group of desks, but that he hasn't (yet). He is LOVING that they are doing more math this year already. It's his favorite subject and he is really good at it.

Back to school night was last week and I always really enjoy this night. We ran into a few issues though. Alex had his first soccer game of the season at the same time. His game started at 5:00 and back to school started at 5:30. Ryan didn't get home from clinicals until 5:45, so luckily my parents came to the rescue. I really didn't want to miss Alex's game, so I came to the first 15 mins, hoping to see him get to play. They ended up starting 15 mins late. Bummer. So I told Alex he was not to do anything big (like cool moves, or score a goal) while I wasn't there, because I didn't want to miss it! :) Well 20 mins into back to school, I get a text from my Dad saying, "GOOOOOOAAAALLL!" It was his first goal EVER and I missed it. I know he'll make other goals in the future, but I almost started crying when I read the text. I hate missing any kind of milestones with my kids. Anyway, at back to school I signed up to be the "class parent" this year. Not precisely sure what that means, but I think it's more like the party planner... which I will love! I'm hoping to be able to come help out in his class, but I have daycare kids in the morning and that's when she really needs the help. I'm hoping we can work something out.

I am once again loving the stage that Alex is in. He is able to have a little more freedom because he is older. I love sitting down with him and just talking. Our conversations are so much fun right now. And, as always, he is a great big brother. He loves showing Darek off to his friends. I'm glad Alex still wants me around and isn't too embarrassed by me. I'm sure that isn't too far off though. :)

Here is to a great school year with a lot of fun memories!



1 comment:

Hayley Winslow said...

I'm the assistant class parent in Ty's class. We should chat!