Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Camping Trip #1

Last year we had camping trips all throughout the summer. Well this year has been a little harder because most of the trips seemed to fall during the time Ryan was working. And the fact that Darek is mobile and independent now. This past weekend was a neighborhood campout up east of Huntsville. It's an annual trip Alex, Darek and I were able to go last year as well. Ryan was working last year and was again this year. But my wonderful friends Tammy and Kaylene wanted to go and agreed to help me out with my boys. (Did I mention what AMAZING friends I have?)

We went up on Thursday late morning and were the first ones to arrive. Last year we found a nice secluded area to put up our tent. It's not that we are recluses or anything, but with a baby last year and a 2 year old (that likes to throw fits) this year, we thought it best to keep our distance. I won't go through an hour by hour schedule, but we had a great time playing games, getting rained on, running and riding through huge water puddles, playing in the river, having a water balloon toss (in which I did not get wet) :), and much more. I have some very fun pictures and will comment on those as I go.

Alex's friends taught him how to play Uno. He LOVED it!

Alex

Alex's buddy Ben

Awww.... too cute!

We never got fully in the water cause it was quite chilly. But we did get our legs in and it was nice once they became numb from the cold.

Darek was CONSTANTLY at this water spout. I was always telling him no and finally decided to put him in his swim shorts and let him go crazy. And he did exactly that!


He was getting a bit cold, but was not going to stop for anyone or anything. :)

After a pretty good rain storm, we had some massive water puddles. I think this is the best present you could give any kid. We were running through these puddles for about an hour. And it would've been all night if had been up to the boys.





Darek loves his Tammy and Kaylene!

But isn't quite sure about their kisses. ;)

My big tough guy

Goofy or not, he is adorable!

I think my boys think of Tammy and Kaylene as their Aunts. I know they love them and I think that Tammy and Kaylene love them too.


We had a great camping trip. We leave for another one tomorrow with Reese, Tammy and Kaylene. We enjoyed their camping spot so much last year, we really can't wait to get up there again. Especially Ryan. He needs this break pretty badly!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

camping is so much fun with you guys. We are so excited to go today. See you soon.