Sunday, July 25, 2010

Darek's 2nd Birthday

And the worst Mom award goes to..... ME!

We celebrated Darek's 2nd birthday... well several times. But I have failed to post about any of it. Darek turned 2 on July 3rd. So here I am, almost a month later, finally posting.

None of my family were actually here for Darek's birthday, so we didn't do too much on the 3rd. Ryan and I did give him a few gifts that day. We got him a kitchen because he loves playing pretend and we also got him a little tricycle. He loved the kitchen and wanted to make food for everyone. Since that is the day that we have fireworks up at Eaglewood, we decided it would be a fun way to do a little celebration. We met our friends Tammy and Kaylene up there and had a great time just talking and running around. They also gave Darek his present while we were there. Darek had a wonderful time and LOVED his present!



The next evening we went out to Aunt Roxie's house for fireworks and another little birthday celebration. Darek got some adorable outfits from Grandma and Grandpa. And some fun toy story toys. He also got another fun toy story lego toy from his Aunt, Uncle and cousins. After having fun with fireworks and playing with cousins, we went home.

The next day my parents came home from the East coast and Beth and Chad came up to visit. So, of course we needed another birthday party! :) On Wednesday we all went out to The Mayan for dinner and presents. Alex and Darek thought the divers were amazing and we all had a lot of fun.

I think we took pictures of all of this but I have no idea where they went. If I can't find them, I'm really hoping that some of my family have pictures.

We love our little Darek. He is getting so big and learning so many new things. He is finally on the charts for height... in fact he is now at 50% in his age group! He still is below 3% with his weight. But I'm happy that he is growing and that it's almost impossible to detect now what a premature baby he was. Darek is a bundle of energy. Just listening to him talk sometimes exhausts me. But he speaks very well and is learning so much. He continues to adore his big brother and wants nothing more than to do EVERYTHING that Alex does. He can be a big helper when he chooses to be. He loves other kids and loves playing with them. He looks forward to nursery every week so he can see his buddy Truman. Darek still loves to cuddle and I love when I can hold him like a baby and he strokes my face and plays with my hair. He loves to rough house with anyone who will participate. Sword fighting, jumping on each other, wrestling, he will do it all! He has the cutest belly laugh that I love to hear. I adore my little boy and hate that he is growing up so fast. We are all so grateful to have Darek in our lives and how much fun and energy he brings. Happy Birthday sweet boy!

2 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

I have his present but I haven't sent it yet. Everytime I turn around Brayden has opened it. I have wrapped it twice and it's currently sitting unwrapped yet again. He also ripped the top trying to get it all the way opened. Sorry. I bought a box big enough for it on Sat so I will have it in the mail this week.

Stevens said...

I want to see him next to the pop bottle again!! Time has flown it seems since Darek was so little. You are a great mom Mandi!