Monday, March 7, 2011

4 more days

We are getting so excited around here! Just 4 more days until we leave for our vacation. I have been pretty sick for the past 4 or 5 days and it's driving me crazy. I could be getting so much done, but I don't have the energy for it. Despite being sick, we have started our packing process. We figure this week will be pretty busy. I have daycare kids all week (including the day we leave) and Ryan will be working through Thursday as well. Tonight my cousin is coming over to do some planning for her wedding. Tomorrow evening I will have daycare kids all day. Wednesday evening we will be going to Disney on Ice and then Thursday will be spent finishing up our packing. Our house looks like a disaster right now with suitcases out and packing in process. The nice thing is that we can pack all of our shorts right now since it's still freezing here. We looked at the weather there and it'll be between 65 and 75 degrees while we are there. PERFECT! Our goal is to have the van pretty much packed on Thursday night and then pick Alex up from school and start our journey. We'll stop in St George for dinner and to get out and stretch. We may or may not get to say hi to my sisters and parents who will be staying in St George for the night so they can all go see Bill Cosby. We will then continue on to Primm, NV and stay the night there. Early the next morning (5:30) we'll get up and drive the rest of the way to Disneyland. We won't be able to check in yet, so we are just heading straight to the park. We'll spend the morning there, have lunch and then take the boys to build-a-bear in downtown disney, where they'll get to make their own bear and pick out a disney outfit for the bear. After that, we will probably head back to the hotel. By then my sisters and parents should have arrived. We may spend the rest of the evening at the beach or just at the hotel, or go back to the park. Not sure yet. The rest of our vacation looks something like this:

Sunday - Disneyland/California Adventure
Monday - My brother arrives Disneyland/California Adventure
Tuesday - Split day... some will go to Legoland, Hollywood, Disneyland and we will go to Universal Studios
Wednesday - My whole family (all 21 of us) will get to do a character breakfast in the morning. We'll try to spend the majority of that day all together in the parks
Thursday - The whole family will be going to Newport beach to go on a whale watching cruise. I am so excited for this and I think this will be some great family time. After the cruise is over, we will spend the rest of the day on the beach.
Friday - Another day all together in Disneyland/California Adventure
Saturday - My brother flies home and possibly my sisters will drive back (not sure). We will stay that whole day, so the fun can last as long as possible! :)
Sunday - We travel home :( We like to take the ride home in one day, just to get the driving over and done with.

It is going to be a fun-filled week and will probably go by way too fast. I am praying that I will get rid of this sinus cold by then and am praying even harder that I don't give it to Ryan or Alex (Darek gave it to me)! We will be bringing our laptops with us so hopefully we'll be able to do some posts while we are there. Disneyland... here we come!

No comments: