Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Great Deals

SO I'm very slowly getting into the couponing craze. I've gotten some great deals on food, but I'm hoping to start finding some deals on toys and such for the holidays. Well today... I guess Sunday actually I flipped through the ads in the paper and found some great deals at Smith's Marketplace. The first two that really caught my eye were for some playschool toys. Having a little one around, I've been looking at some toys for his age group that he'll enjoy. There was one I was planning on getting him because Ryan's Mom got Alex one when he was little and he LOVED it! I'm sure you've all seen the Busy Ball Popper from Playschool. There is also Playschool's Step Start Walk'n Ride. Here are the great deals on these two toys:

Regular Price $21.99
Sale Price $10.99
Coupon -$5.00
-----------------------
Final Price $5.99 + tax

***Almost 75% off!!!

My Smith's Marketplace was out of both of these toys because of the amazing price, but I was able to get a rain check for both of them. The coupon is good until the end of the year, and I'm sure they'll get some in by then. I may go back for another rain check just in case I can find someone to give one for Christmas.

My next deal was for My Little Pony's. Smith's Marketplace had them on sale as a buy one, get one free. Since I don't have any little girls, my nieces will now know what they'll be getting for Christmas and/or birthdays. The prices range from $5.99-39.99. Everything I bought was $6.99. This is what I did:

Regular Price 6 @ $6.99 = $41.94
BOGO discount -$20.97
Coupon -$5.00 ($5.00 off purchase of $20.00 or more on my little pony products)
-------------------------------------
Final Price $15.97 +tax

*** A 62% savings ***

The other deals weren't as great, but one that stuck out to me was the BOGO they had going on for Bakugan toys. Anyone that knows Alex, knows that Bakugan are his FAVORITE things right now. They have a special of Buy 2, get one free. They are about the same price as they are at Walmart, so why not save a little there.

Anyway, I was happy to get a little Christmas shopping out of the way and find some great deals while doing it. If anyone reads this that doesn't have a Smith's Marketplace nearby that would like me to help them take advantage of any of these offers, just please leave a comment. Happy Shopping!!!

1 comment:

Koreena said...

Awesome deals! Good job! :)