Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Perfect Day

What a beautiful day we had on Saturday. Saturday morning went just about perfectly. The boys were wonderful while we were getting ready to go. I got really adorable, matching outfits for the boys and had fun getting them all dressed up. We got to the temple and of course we were greeted by the most wonderful workers willing to help us with whatever we needed. We dropped the boys off at the Youth Center. We had Darek's little white outfit that they would dress him in. Alex decided he wanted to wear white clothes as well. So they helped him pick out clothes to wear. The most precious moment to me was when the boys came into the room. They were both dressed in white and Alex pushed Darek into the room in a white stroller. I'm not sure why, but it just took my breath away and I started crying. I know Ian was there in spirit and it was wonderful knowing all my boys were there at that moment. I know that won't happen again for a very long time. Alex really enjoyed the temple a lot and thought it was the most beautiful place. We told him how lucky he was to be able to go in at such a young age. He was very reverent and very helpful with his little brother. Darek was also just wonderful while we were there. He hardly made a peep and just couldn't stop looking around.

After we were done, we all went out in our white clothing and had a few pictures taken around the temple. After pictures, we went to the luncheon we had set up. We didn't have tons of money, so we just had a simple one in a church. We had a few friends and all our family there. It was a lot of fun to sit and chat and then played a little basketball :) After the luncheon, we came home and relaxed for quite a while. In the evening, I got to go to Kohl's with my brother, sisters and brother in laws. It was a simple trip to the store, but it turned out to be so much fun. We all sang to the songs in the car and just had some awesome laughs. It's not often that we kids get together, and when we all are together, I realize how much I miss them.

So that was our Saturday. I don't know many Saturdays that can top that one. If Ryan hadn't been sick, it really would have been perfect... but I'll settle for what we got!

1 comment:

Stevens said...

I'm so glad everything went so well. Yeah!! The blessing was beautiful today and so was your singing. How fun to have such a musical family...hope I didn't detract too much!! Hope everyone gets healthy soon!